In English

UK Grunge Flag cropped Photo: Nicolas Raymond © 2012 Flickr CC

Accomodation for visiting researchers

Once you have decided to visit Stockholm University for your research, it is a good idea to start looking for somewhere to live as soon as possible. Stockholm University lets and manages a number of furnished rooms and flats owned by other landlords in Stockholm. These are available to foreign researchers with a doctoral degree and doctoral candidates at Stockholm University.

Employee information in English

Stockholm University has an English web page dedicated to its staff. Employee information in English Stockholm University has an English web page dedicated to its staff.

Illness and medical treatment

If you are absent due to illness for more than seven calendar days in a row, you are required to submit a doctor’s certificate to your department, centre, etc. Under certain circumstances a doctor’s certificate can be required for a shorter period of absence due to illness. Our HR system Primula is used for reporting leave of absence due to illness.

IMS Research Database

Remember to update your personal profile in the IMS Research Database. You log in here and can use the Swedish help guide to get started. If you need any editorial advice for the please contact the Communications Officer and for technical assistance our inhouse ICT department. Don't forget to also register your publications in publishing system The Digital Academic Archive, DiVA.

New bank for payment of wages

From April 2017 Stockholm University switches to Danske Bank to carry out salary payments.


The calendar year is the qualifying period for vacation. You receive paid vacation for the time that corresponds to your work during the calendar year. You must take paid vacation before unpaid leave; you can refrain from taking unpaid leave.

You and your workplace

An overview of the terms of employment at Stockholm University, including changes up until March 2016. Here you will find our general rules, working hours, illness and medical treatment, leave, vacation and insurances.